AUTOMATIC Driving Lessons
For the full list of prices for Automatic lessons visit automaticlessons.ie
MANUAL Driving Lessons are no longer available
Pre Test only - If you need a pretest in your own car at Finglas or Raheny test centres:
|1 hr pre-test with your own car||€40.00||€35.00|
|Download Test Routes||€100.00||N/A|
They are part of any business and unfortunately some people will need to cancel a lesson for whatever reason. This can happen quite regularly and most of the time at the last minute. It is then impossible to fill a lesson in short notice and the time slot cannot be offered to anyother client. He/she may badly need to do a lesson, refresher lesson, pre-test or hire my car for his/her driving test. It also sometimes means that I waste valuable time travelling to an agreed location, i.e, your house or driving test centre, and a client may not turn up. So for this reason you must now pay in advance.
PAYMENT IN ADVANCE USING WORLD NET APP
The bigger driving schools will ask you to pay using a VISA DEBIT or CREDIT CARD. You must now pay for driving lessons or pre-tests in advance.
You have 3 options to choose from:
a) VISA DEBIT & CREDIT CARD via WORLD NET.
World net is a merchant service linked to Elavon. I can take advance payments with a Visa Debit or credit card once a lesson is booked. It is a COMPLETELY 100% SECURE service. You are GUARANTEED to be charged for the lessons or block booking that you ask for. I do not retain your card details so you can TRUST that your card will not be over-charged. The advantage is you don't need to worry about going to an ATM or carrying cash to pay for your lessons. There is no extra charge for paying in advance using this method.
For more information please visit: www.worldnettps.com
b) ELECRIC FUNDS TRANSFER:
If you prefer not to pay using Worldnet and prefer not to reveal your card details, another option is to pay by transferring the payment to my bank account using EFT. You will need internet banking to use this service and if you bank with AIB you will need a CARD READER.
Transfer the money to:
Safety 1st Driving School Account Number: 30267059, Sort Code: 93-20-78 IBAN: IE68AIBK93207830267059, BIC:AIBKIE2D
If you insist on paying cash only to pay for advance bookings or lesson/s pretest/s then of course you can pay with cash. In order to confirm the lesson and deter a last minute cancellation, you must give me your home address details. If you continue to pay in cash, each subsequent lesson after the first lesson is completed must be paid in cash. If a lesson is cancelled within 24 hours, you will be issued with an invoice to your home address.
€5 extra to cover the cost for your logbook. A logbook is required to log your compulsory 12 lessons on the portal system so you can apply for your driving test. You can't apply for your driving test without a logbook. All ADI instructors must order the logbooks from the RSA and they are not free of charge so the cost must be covered by each EDT pupil.
They are charged at the same price so be careful that other instructors may charge extra for a pre-test lesson. They can be done in 1 hour session if we start and finish at the chosen test centre, i.e Finglas or Raheny. 2 hours will be required in order to get the best possible benefit to you. If we don't meet and finish at the chosen test centre. We will lose travelling time and we wont be able to finish a proper pre-test from start to finish and to give you feedback on how you drove. Extra travelling time required to get to the test centre and back to your chosen place to finish, your home, work or college etc.
- You must give a strict 24-hours notice before you cancel or re-arrange a lesson or a pre-test.
- All subsequent lessons & pre-tests at a test centre, i.e Raheny or Finglas, must be paid in advance in full in case of a late cancellation.
If less than 24 hours notice is given for any reason you will lose the full fee for the duration of the lesson booked. i.e 1-2 hours
6,10 and 12 EDT lessons discount package as above must be paid IN FULL at the first driving lesson to get your discount. .Installments cannot be paid for block bookings. Block booking prices represent a discount so if you don't pay for them in full, you will have to pay as you go at the rates above. Receipts are available on request.
ALL BLOCK BOOKINGS OR ANY OUTSTANDING LESSONS MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 12 MONTHS OF THE FIRST LESSON. THIS RULE WORKS THE SAME AS A GIFT VOUCHER. IF A FULL 12 MONTHS HAS ELAPSED ANY OUTSTANDING LESSONS WILL NOT BE FULFILLED. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND WHEN MAKING THE FIRST BOOKING.
10 LESSONS NON EDT :
This block booking price is for beginner´s or learners with little or no driving experience. They cater for pupils who´s learner permit was issued on the 3rd of April 2011 or before. This means they don´t need to complete the new compulsory 12 EDT syllabus.
UNEMPLOYED RATE(Changes made from 16/03/14)
In order to get the unemployed diiscount price of €30 per hour you must be able to prove that you are actually unemployed. This means I will need to see RECENT dole slips with receipts that you get from the post office when you receive you unemployment benefit or job seekers allowance. They must have your name and PPS number and it must match the name and PPS number on your social services card. You will need to bring your social serices card with you.
If you get paid directly to your bank account I will need to see bank statements from the last 3 months to highlight your payment. This is the only way I can give you the discount and if you cant or refuse to show me the above, you will be charged at the Standard rate of €35 per hour.
STUDENT PRICES: (Changes made from 16/03/14)
In order to get the student rate and discount your course must be FULL TIME or where you're in college at least 2 full days per week. If you work FULL-TIME and you're only a part time sudent in your spare time, i.e evenings and weekends outside of working hours. If you're only a PART-TIME student but you work FULL-TIME, you'll be charged at the STANDARD RATE and NOT the STUDENT RATE.
The student discount is only for secondary school or students in 3rd LEVEL EDUCATION who can prove they are students with a valid STUDENT ID CARD. If you don't have a STUDENT ID CARD you must have a letter from your college stating that you are a student at the college. The letter must be printed on letter-headed paper.
- Photo I.D card with your full name
- Name of course and college
- Valid expiry date/college year or a letter from you college on letterheaded paper confirming your course and course expiry date.
- A Usit card by itself does not qualify as a student card
3 PRETEST LESSONS & CAR HIRE:
- It all depends on your standard of driving but I cannot give you the car hire if you don´t have a chance of passing the test. That is why an ABSOLUTE MINIMUM of 3 hours is required.
- Only applies when each lesson/pretest starts and ends at the test centre, i.e Finglas or Raheny. If we start and/or finish at your house, more lessons will be required.
- Can be done on day of an afternoon test, including a short break.
- Must include at least a 2 hr session and then the hour before the test.
- Eliminating any bad habits you may have.
- Includes coaching around the most popular test routes in Raheny & Finglas.
- Explanation of what the tester is looking for plus language used.
- Getting used to the car and all primary and secondary controls
- Full coaching and demonstration of all manoeuvres plus practice.
- Under the bonnet checks or any questions asked about the vehicle
- Full recap of most popular Rules of the Road questions and road signs.
- Any final tips to remember before you´re called by the driver tester
- .YOU NOW HAVE EVERY CHANCE OF PASSING YOUR TEST WITH TOP QUALITY DRIVING TEST PREPARATION.!!