FOR MARKING GUIDELINES INFORMATION please visit:
Did you know that if you failed a previous driving test and if you re-apply to the same driving test centre, you can avoid getting the same driver tester again by simply by ringing the RSA at: 1890406040 or email: email@example.com
You will need to give your full name and previous Reference Number with the location, date and time of your last driving test. This will guarantee that you will have a different driver tester to carry out your next test.
10 POINTS OF FAILURE ON YOUR TEST:
They cause you not drive at your best and have a significant effect on your decision-making. Try not to think too much about the test. Do your best and remember if you fail, you can always do it again!
If you have a bad "coasting" problem on the clutch you will have NO chance of passing the test. I will demonstrate and explain how to fix your bad habits on the clutch.
3. Reverse around a corner:
Major failing point for alot of test candidates. I´ll show you a techniques how to do it and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!
Incorrect/ineffective observation moving off, turning right and left plus roundabouts, changing lanes,overtaking, and slowing down/stopping.
5. Reaction to Hazards:
Little or no anticipation or reacting late to a hazard or possible danger ahead i.e a speed ramps or pulling in for an oncoming car on a narrow road etc.
Incorrect position on the straight by driving too far to the right on the road. Too wide turning left or hitting a kerb. Cutting corners turning right or going too far before you turn i.e "swan-necking"
Taking too long or lack of progress on the straight by driving too slow on the straign and particularly turning right at junctions and traffic lights.
8. Vehicle Controls:
Improper use of or not using accelerator, clutch, gears, footbrake, handbrake, secondary controls, effectively.
9. Clearance to stationary vehicles:
Not giving the "width of a door" clearance or driving unncessarily too close to parked vehicles.
10. Traffic signs:
Failure to completetely "STOP" at a stop sign.
BEFORE YOUR TEST:
- Book your pre-test lessons with me as soon as you get your test date
- Aim for a minimum of 3-5 pre-test lessons to prepare properly
- Read the RSA Rules of the Road book well in advance of your test
- Don´t tell too many people you´re doing the test,
- Don´t smoke in your car before your test
- For female test applicants, don´t wear high heels or flip-flops
- Wear sunglasses on sunny days for so you´re not blinded by the sun
- Don´t forget your learner permit and legal L plates (front & back)
- Give yourself plenty of time to arrive at the test centre
- In the waiting room no more than 10-15 minutes before your time
- Use the toilet if you need to before you start
- Turn off your mobile phone or don´t bring it with you
- Have something to eat like breakfast or a light lunch for energy
- Try to get a good night sleep the night before your test
- Study your ï¿½Rules of the Roadï¿½ questions and all road signs
- Your car displays VALID tax, insurance & NCT disc if applicable
- Your insurance disc has the light green strip on the left hand side
- All indicators, front and back, and brake lights are in working order
- Tyres are correct pressure, above 1.6mm with no rips, tears or bulges
- Clear windows and mirrors with a cloth before & during the test
- Use parking lights in dull overcast conditions
- Use dipped headlights and wipers if quite dark and/or light/heavy rain
- You know all 6 hand signals and do not mix them up
- You can operate all of the secondary controls in your vehicle